This Halloween weekend at the box office saw a few titles being released, but since two of them were relatively indie, not too many people flocked out to their local theater to support new release films, such as last week when Denis Villeneuve‘s Dune released.
But nevertheless, Villeneuve’s brand new space epic earned a total of $15.53 million at the box office, which is a noticeable 62% drop from what it earned last weekend. It seems as though people are in the spirit for the chills, as David Gordon Green‘s Halloween Kills took the second spot this weekend, earning $8.5 million.
No Time to Die starring Daniel Craig in his final outing as super-spy James Bond, took the third spot this weekend, taking in a total of $7.81 million. This weekend’s new releases Antlers and Last Night in Soho came in sixth and seventh place respectively, both taking home $4.16 million.
Here’s the full list of the top ten films of the week:
- Dune – $15.53M (-62%) – 4,125 theatres
- Halloween Kills – $8.5M (-41%) – 3,616 theatres
- No Time to Die – $7.81M (-36%) – 3,507 theatres
- My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission – $6.4M – 1,581 theatres
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage – $5.75M (-38%) – 3,278 theatres
- Antlers – $4.16M – 2,800 theatres
- Last Night in Soho – $4.16M – 3,016 theatres
- Ron’s Gone Wrong – $3.82M (-48%) – 3,560 theatres
- The Addams Family 2 – $3.27M –(-27%) – 2,757 theatres
- The French Dispatch – $2.75M – 788 theatres
Source: Box Office Pro