Jon Watts‘ Spider-Man: No Way Home has once again taken the top spot at the box office this weekend, which shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Not only is the film loaded with surprises for fans of the character, but it’s also an epic event movie that serves as one of the most exciting Marvel Cinematic Universe chapters to date.
The film grossed $33.02 million at the box office this weekend, which sees the film take a 41% drop from last week, but it’s still holding strong. It is now the sixth highest-grossing title of all time in North America at $668.75 million and puts it within close distance of Avengers: Infinity War, which finished its domestic run with $678.82M in 2018.
Universal/Illumination’s Sing 2, which was released on PVOD this weekend earlier than expected – likely due to the Omicron explosion – fell 41% in its third weekend of release. At the box office this week, the film managed to pull in a total of $11.95 million.
Meanwhile, brand new release The 355 is already proving to be an underwhelming debut for 2022, launching to a $4.8M from 3,145 locations. Not even stars such as Jessica Chastain, Lupita Nyong’o, and Penelope Cruz were able to pull in viewers to the theatre.
Here’s the full list of the top ten films of the week:
- Spider-Man: No Way Home – $33M (-41%) – 4,012 theatres
- Sing 2 – $11.95M (-41%) – 3,713 theatres
- The 355 – $4.8M – 3,145 theatres
- The King’s Man – $3.27M (-28%) – 3,040 theatres
- American Underdog– $2.41M (-38%) – 2,728 theatres
- The Matrix Resurrections – $1.86M (-51%) – 2,875 theatres
- West Side Story – $1.41M (-35%) – 2,290 theatres
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife – $1.14M (-23%) – 1,501 theatres
- Licorice Pizza – $1M – (-21%) – 772 theatres
- House of Gucci – $632K (-21%) – 607 theatres
Source: Box Office Pro