The Critics Choice Awards, for the first time ever in its history, will be simulcast on multiple channels, The CW and TBS, when it airs on Sunday, January 9, 2022.
The 27th annual awards show (which our own Joey Magidson is a voter for) will be broadcast to a more extended audience with this simulcast, bringing in more attention to this hallmark of the awards season. Provided below is the timeline for the show’s nomination and voting deadlines.
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – Submissions close for CCA TV categories (submissions are not required for film categories)
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 – NomComs begin deliberations
- Monday, November 29, 2021 – NomComs render official recommendations
- Monday, November 29, 2021 – Nominating ballots go out to Film Branch members
- Wednesday, December 1, 2021 – Critics Choice Awards TV nominations announced
- Friday, December 3, 2021 – Midnight (PT) deadline for final Film ballots
- Monday, December 6, 2021 – 9 a.m. PT Film nominations announced
- Thursday, January 6, 2022 – Final CCA ballots emailed to all members
- Friday, January 7, 2022 – 9 p.m. (PT) Deadline for returning final ballots
- Sunday, January 9, 2022 – 27th annual Critics Choice Awards presented live on The CW and TBS
The Critics Choice Awards will air on January 9 at 7:00pm ET.