This past weekend, were you one of the many people who had a horror movie itch? Did you say “Candyman” five times while looking into a mirror? It certainly seems as though Nia DaCosta‘s Candyman, starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Teyonah Parris, is getting a lot of people in theatre seats, raking in an impressive weekend total of $22.37 million.
Although it has not yet made its budget of $25 million back, it will undoubtedly do soon quite soon and will continue to earn money at the box office. Coming in at second place is Shawn Levy‘s Free Guy, starring Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer, which is still holding its weight with $13.55 million this weekend.
The new Paw Patrol movie on the other hand sees a fifty percent decrease, raking in a total of $6.62 million this weekend, which certainly is not a good sign. Other spots include Disney’s Jungle Cruise at fourth taking home $5 million and Don’t Breathe 2 at $2.83 million.
Here’s the full list of the top ten films of the week:
- Candyman – $22.37M – 3,569 theatres
- Free Guy – $13.55M (–27%) – 3,940 theatres
- Paw Patrol – $6.62M (-50%) – 3,189 theatres
- Jungle Cruise – $5M (-21%) – 3,370 theatres
- Don’t Breathe 2 – $2.83M (-44%) – 2,703 theatres
- Respect – $2.26M (-39%) – 2,607 theatres
- The Suicide Squad – $2M (-40%) – 2,436 theatres
- The Protege – $1.65M (-43%) – 2,577 theatres
- The Night House – $1.21M (-57%) – 2,240 theatres
- Black Widow – $855K (-23%) – 1,050 theatres
Source: Box Office Pro