This weekend at the box office proved to be a bit surprising, seeing as how Jon Watts‘ Spider-Man: No Way Home took a fall to third place instead of first place as it has been for the past little while now. The multiverse epic grossed an estimated $15.6M from 63 overseas markets, bringing its international total to $1.027B and its global total to $1.77B.
Jeff Tremaine‘s Jackass Forever took the top spot at the box office this weekend, taking in an estimated $23.5M from 3,604 locations in its opening frame, marking another strong debut for a franchise that has never faltered at the box office since the first entry, Jackass: The Movie, dropped into theatres with $22.76M in 2002 and legged it out to $64.26M domestic.
Meanwhile Roland Emmerich‘s Moonfall came in second place this weekend at the box office, taking in $10 million across 3,446 locations. Fourth place went to Scream, which took in an estimated $4.73M in its fourth weekend of release (down 35%), bringing the Paramount “re-quel” to $68.94M to date. On the platform front, The Worst Person in the World finally opened on four screens, taking in $135K.
Here’s the full list of the top ten films of the week:
- Jackass Forever – $23.5M – 3,604 theatres
- Moonfall – $10M – 3,446 theatres
- Spider-Man: No Way Home – $9.6M (-13%) – 3,600 theatres
- Scream – $4.73M (-35%) – 3,227 theatres
- Sing 2 – $4.17M (-11%) – 3,266 theatres
- The King’s Man – $1.18M (-29%) – 1,910 theatres
- Redeeming Love – $1M (-43%) – 1,797 theatres
- American Underdog – $800K (-31%) – 1,470 theatres
- The 355 – $700K (-47%) – 1,710 theatres
- Licorice Pizza – $614K (-2%) – 786 theatres
Source: Box Office Pro